- 1992-93 : Trans-Africa expedition 4x4 overland: Utrecht (Netherlands) Kaapstad (South Africa) 35.000 km
- 1995 : K2 Seven-Up expedition. First succesful Dutch K2 (8611m) expedition
- 1994 : Eiger North-face. Second successful Dutch team.1996 Namibia Camel Adventure Expedition
- 1997 : Dutch North Pole Expedition. First Dutch successful geographic North Pole expedition.
- 1998 : Shishapangma (8035m).Successful Dutch expedition
- 1999 : Dutch Peru expedition. Several extreme alpine ascents till 7000m.
- 2000 : Antarctica expedition.First Dutchmen, unsupported to the South Pole and Back again. 2300 km
- 2001 : Everest expedition. First Dutch attempt without extra oxygen
Wilco is educated as a technical engineer but primarily sees himself as an endurance sportsman, mountaineer and adventurer with a specific interest in triathlons and pole-travels. He is attracted by extreme expeditions in cold, arctic areas, as well as in stifling hot deserts. Since a long time Wilco van Rooijen has been active as a climber in the Alps.
Through courses, he developed himself as climbing-instructor. Besides giving courses, he also undertook impressive, independent climbs of 1000 metres-high (north) faces (The Grandes Jorasses, Matterhorn and Eiger)
In 1995 Wilco participated in the Dutch K2 expedition that ended premature with a near fatal accident. He got his revenge in 1998 when he reached the top of the 8,027 metres high Shishapangma, without the use of additional oxygen.
In 2000 Wilco and Marc Cornelissen reached unsupported the South Pole and back again to Patriot Hill. It took them 70 days for the whole trip of 2200 km.
In 2002 Wilco and Hans van der Meulen climbed Mount Everest on the North-east route. Also on this climb both climbers did not use supplementary oxygen. And without the work of any Sherpas. Due to bad weather only Hans reached the summit.
Now in 2004 Wilco wants to try again to climb Everest on the same route without extra oxygen. And he wants to fly down with a paraglide.
||Wilco is educated as a technical engineer but primarily sees himself as an endurance sportsman, mountaineer and adventurer with a specific interest in triathlons and pole-travels. He is attracted by extreme expeditions in cold, arctic areas, as well as in stifling hot deserts.